Main menu

Pages

Grid 1 is the perfect setting to honor and immortalize the original iPhone

Today, Apple will reinvent the telephone.” – Steve Jobs, 2007. Every time I read or think about this quote, I am reminded of how influential the original iPhone was. I’m not saying this from a fanboy perspective. Even the Cupertino company’s harsh critics agree that this device indeed paved the way for today’s smartphones. The product launched many mobile technologies that we depend on and take for granted these days. Thanks to his vision, we now have some great iPhones and Android phones to choose from. That’s not to say that iPhones are better or worse than Android devices. This is a simple acknowledgment that the original iPhone is, in many ways, one of the most remarkable stones that built the solid foundation upon which today’s mobile devices have emerged.

About this item: Grid Studio provided me with a grid unit of 1. The company did not contribute to this article, except for the quoted paragraph – all opinions expressed are my own independently.

story time

Studio Grid

I’ve known Grid Studio for a while now. For those unfamiliar, this company — founded in September 2020 — tears up some used electronics. Then it elegantly frames the pieces, highlighting some of the notable and relevant specs. The end result is both informative and aesthetic. However, customers seek it mainly for this last decorative aspect.

“From hobby to business, our studio started as a hobby and its birth was completely accidental. One of our partners had the whim, after disassembling his gear, hand painting and gluing the parts to paper, and he finally made an incredible work of art! At first it was just a hobby, but we thought it should be shared with more people who also love it, that’s when we started our business. »

My relatives know that I am in no way a hoarder. I try to keep only what’s essential to me, as it makes me feel physically lighter, even though I’m not wearing everything that belongs to me at all times. I even brag about depending on just one suitcase and a backpack when I moved to another country – leaving nothing behind. So now you have an idea of ​​how selective I am when it comes to keeping materialistic items around me.

I have always admired the frameworks produced by Grid Studio. The company really caters to a wide variety of fans and enthusiasts. Even though I tried to keep my stuff to a bare minimum, I still had to get my hands on one of his frames, a very special frame, which has some meaning to me personally.

Packaging

Original iPhone Studio Grille

When my mount was delivered, the first message I sent to a colleague was “Their packaging is better than Apple’s”. Now, that might be an exaggeration, but there’s still some truth in that. Starting with the cardboard outer packaging, it comes with reinforced plastic corners to ensure that no damage occurs during shipping. The frame indeed arrived from abroad without any cracks or scratches. After unpacking it, you are faced with a paper wrapper with a wax seal. It certainly adds drama as you rip it to reach the frame. You can balance the real frame on any stable, horizontal surface. Alternatively, you can mount it on a wall using the included accessories.

The original iPhone — Framed.

Original iPhone Studio Grille

Of course, I opted for the original iPhone frame — Grid 1 — because the telephone is an iconic symbol. Smartphones have matured and annual updates have become commonplace. Nevertheless, the original iPhone deserves to be celebrated and immortalized. He shaped the smartphone when the concept was still vague. Who would forget THE circular home button – which Apple still uses on some models today, more than 15 years later? Even Samsung was sued for loan and using the design on some of its phones, like the Galaxy Ace.

It’s almost like a sacred symbol, hanging there, watching over the new Apple products on my desk.

Grid 1 displays the internal and external elements of the legendary iPhone on a 13 x 13 inch white surface. It also includes stylish labels to help you identify each piece. However, never fear, Grid Studio does not include real drums in its frames. There is therefore no risk of inflation or explosion. Obviously the rest of the parts are all original, taken from original used units.

To be honest, before the package arrived, I had some doubts. I had feared that the Grid 1 was just a useless addition to my room. However, now that it’s here, I can safely say that this frame isn’t getting boring or old. Every time I walk into my room, I just spare a second to admire how beautifully he dissects the original iPhone and breaks it down. It’s almost like a sacred symbol, hanging there, watching over the new Apple products on my desk. It is truly a must-have frame for Apple or iPhone enthusiasts.

Choice

Original iPhone Studio Grille

I understand. Not everyone wants an original iPhone hanging over their head while they sleep. After all, some people have nightmares about this device. The great thing about Grid Studio is its product diversity. The company sells frames of other iPhone models, your favorite iPad or Apple Watch, Android phones, game consoles, Nokia and Blackberry phones, and more. So no matter which manufacturer you’re into, you’re likely to find some of their devices as boxed. options to choose from.

    Grid 1

    Grid 1 is a frame from Grid Studio, which features an original ripped iPhone. It is a great decorative piece, offering a blend of sophistication and minimalism. You can get a 10% discount on your first order if you subscribe to the company store.

Will you buy an original framed iPhone from Grid Studio? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments section below.